Net operating losses and R&D tax credits may be sold for at least 80% of their value, up to a maximum lifetime benefit of $15 million per business
Growth and operations, including working capital or to fund research
Ability to turn NOL and R&D tax credits into capital
See “Program Details” below
- Up to $60 million is available annually, with $10 million set aside for businesses located in Innovation Zones (any unused balance of the $10 million set-aside is reverted to the general program pool)
- Only technology and biotechnology companies whose primary business involves the provision of a scientific process, product or service are eligible
- An eligible company must own, have filed for, or have a license to use protected, proprietary intellectual property (defined as a patent or a registered copyright)
- An eligible company cannot have had positive net operating income on either of its last two full-year income statements according to GAAP. In addition, an eligible company cannot have a parent company with positive net operating income, or be part of a consolidated group of affiliates for federal income tax purposes with positive net operating income
- An eligible company must have at least one full-time employee working in New Jersey if incorporated or formed less than three years, five full-time employees in New Jersey if incorporated or formed more than three years but less than five years, or 10 full-time employees in New Jersey if incorporated or formed more than five years
- An eligible company must have financial statements for the two most recent full years of operation compiled, reviewed or audited by an independent CPA firm and prepared according to US GAAP.
**All fees are non-refundable
Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:59 PM
Application and application fee must be submitted via the online application. No other form of application and payment will be accepted for entry into the program. EDA must receive completed application by deadline. The application will not be considered submitted until you receive the confirmation message at the end of the application. Please retain this confirmation in the event that it is needed. A link to the online application is below.
NJ CORPORATE BUSINESS TAX RETURN DEADLINE:
The Applicant Company’s Corporate Business Tax returns, with all required schedules and attachments, must be filed with the NJ Division of Taxation by the application deadline (above). Failure to file by the program deadline will result in the Applicant Company having no available tax benefit for the current program year.
PROGRAM VIDEO PRESENTATIONS:
To access the presentation in this video, please click here.
* Any proposed amendments to the program rules can be found on the Proposed New Rules/Amendments page
2016 BENEFIT CLOSING DOCUMENTS
TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE, PLEASE FIRST CONSULT WITH THE PROGRAM VIDEOS AND LINKS PROVIDED ABOVE, SUCH AS "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS" AND "LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS".
IF THIS DOES NOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION TO NOL@NJEDA.COM.
ALL EMAILED QUESTIONS AND THEIR RESPONSES ARE CONSIDERED PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. THE QUESTIONS AND RESPONSES ARE REVIEWED BY THE DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND POSTED IN THE PROGRAM'S “FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS” (link above).